Week 5: 60 Minutes of Teaching 0420 Advanced Grammar Lab November 2, 2020

Moving onto a new unit of grammar, we were able to introduce and practice using the passive voice. There was a warm-up activity, two main activities, and a closing activity. Having a full class allowed us to break students up into pairs to work together for the two main activities. While students were in their groups, I entered each breakout room to assign groups two sentences to be read and answered aloud to the rest of the class. I found this technique better for both myself, and the students, as students were more comfortable with speaking out as they knew ahead of time what questions they were required to answer, and I was able to evaluate the students better.

Having great engaging participation between the students allowed for a smooth lecture. The students did find some of the activities challenging but this was great because last week during our feedback session, students asked for more challenging material. Knowing that the students felt challenged confirmed that our lesson objectives have been met. Another accomplishment for us teachers was that each activity took the designated amount of time listed on the lesson plan as well as the grammar lab finished on time. Going forward, I would like to continue to challenge my students and introduce material that interests my students as well as I want to commit to the designated time required for each activity without going overtime to ensure students are finished at the scheduled time. I am so lucky to have such amazing students; they are making this grammar lab so much fun and it is such a breeze to teach each week.